Volunteering is essential to the functioning of the IPPVA, which is a volunteer-led association.
Volunteers (whether sitting on Council or not) have been the lifeblood of the association since it was founded in 1949. Our ongoing work to support professional photographers & videographers and promote excellence would not have been possible without the continuing involvement of our volunteers.
Volunteers enable us to:
- Budget and plan the activities for the year
- Run, chair & judge our award programs
- Judge Licentiateship, Associateship, and Fellowship Panels.
- Organise big events such as our Annual Gala or Annual Conference
- Plan and host educational & networking events throughout the country
- Keep our website, blog & social media active and engaging
- Liaise with Skillnet to offer subsidised education to members
- Grow relationships with current and potential partners
- Offer mentoring to applying members
- Be a member of the Federation of European Photographers: FEP
- Enter members’ work in the World Photography Cup every year
- Lobby as the representative body in Ireland for our industry
- Keep reviewing our constitution and policies to evolve with the industry
There is an increasingly broad range of activities and roles that need to be filled in order to continue the ongoing delivery of services in the IPPVA:
- Administrators & Bookkeepers (only outsourced roles as present)
- Content creators (blog, social media, newsletter, website)
- Ambassadors & Community Managers
- Awards Chair, Admin, Coordinators & WPC Team Captain
- Awards Judges
- Qualification Judges
- FEP Representative
- Financial Secretary
- Education & Mentoring Secretary
- Event organisers
- Events hosts
- And more!